October 2006 – September 2010
Degree in Economics. Speciality on Public Sector.
University of the Balearic Islands
April 2014 – Present
Freelance Translator, Proofreader and Copywriter
Main Translation Agencies: Globaltextware, Tick translations, Boot tekst en taal, Attached language services, Translated, Oneliner, Oncall Europa and Ad Verbum, among others.
Main working areas: Travel and tourism, marketing, museum, advertising, editorial, literature, poetry, economics, history, journalism, government, politics, law, contracts, business, commerce, finance, general, culture, art.
July 2013 – December 2013
Project Manager, Translator, Proofreader and Administrative. Eurotranslations (Palma de Mallorca, Spain)
October 2012 – April 2013
Translator Dutch-Spanish. Administrative assistant.
Het Huis van Alijn Museum (Ghent, Belgium). Erasmus Internship Program.
July 2010 – August 2010
General Direction of Economy and Statistics. Government of the Balearic Islands (Palma de Mallorca, Spain).
Courses and workshops
- Course ‘Literary translation from Dutch into Spanish’. Expertisecentrum Literair Vertalen, University of Utrecht.
- Course ‘Audiovisual Translation: voiceover and subtitling’.
Translation academy Cálamo y Cran, (Madrid, Spain).
- Course Dutch Advanced 2. Official Language School Jesús Maestro (Madrid, Spain).
- Summer course ‘Dutch: language, culture and profession. Translation, publishers and business world’. Taalunie and Universiteit Gent (Ghent, Belgium)
- Member of the Literary Tarnslation Club organized by Billar de Letras (Madrid).
- Attendee of «El Ojo de Polisemo IX» (university-professional literary translation meeting) organized by ACE Traductores and held in Universidad Pontificia Comillas (Madrid).
- Workshop ‘Editorial translation: literature, books and more’. Organized by Con trazo firme (Madrid, Spain).
- Proofreading training day. Organized by Asetrad and UniCo (Madrid).
- SDL Trados course, intermediate level. Organized by Asetrad (San Sebastián, Spain).
- ‘Poetry translation’ and ‘The 3 basic keys of the literary translator’. Organized by Billar de Letras (Madrid, Spain).
- Bookbinding workshop. Organized by Libracos (Madrid, Spain).
- Course French Advanced 2. Official Language School of Palma (Palma de Mallorca, Spain).
Professional Association Membership
Member of ACE Traductores (Spanish Literary Translators Association):
Asetrad (Spanish association of translators, editors and interpreters). Speaker, together with Katy Caws and Agnes Lenkey, in a talk about the Translation and Interpreting studies at the highschool Guillem Colom, (Sóller, Majorca).
Billar de Letras (translation school in Madrid). Speaker together with Maite Fernández and Anne-Caroline Laporte in the talk ¿Se pueden traducir los nombre propios? as a activity of the book’s night in Madrid 2017.
Desperate Literature (bookstore in Madrid). Reading with the author, Lauren Moya Ford, of a fragment of my Spanish translation of her book Nine Postcards and a Love Letter (Nueve postales y una carta de amor),
NGO CAWST (Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology), (Canada). Freelance translator English-Spanish.
MO* Magazine (World News), (Belgium). Freelance translator Dutch-Spanish.
Museum Het Huis van Alijn, (Belgium). Freelance translator Dutch-Spanish writer.
Simile Magazine, University of Ghent (Belgium). Writer.
Fashion Museum of Antwerpen (MoMu Museum), Belgium. Volunteer in the communication department,
Ghent Museum of Contemporary Art (S.M.A.K. Museum), Belgium. Volunteer.
Hundredrooms, Palma de Mallorca. Web content writer of descriptions of Charming Hotels.
SDL Trados 2015 (own licence), MemoQ 2014, Wordfast, XTM, VisualSubSync, Express Scribe. MS Office (Word, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint. Excel, Outlook).
René Schonewille, Vendor Manager at Global textware (The Netherlands);
E-mail: email@example.com; Phone number: +31 (0) 50 – 584 40 13
Chiara Damiano, Project Manager at Oncall Europa (UK);
E-mail: Chiara.Damiano@oncallinterpreters.com; Phone number: +44 203 4344 422
Boudewijn Goossens, Senior Project & Quality Manager at Boot tekst en taal (The Netherlands); E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phone number: +31 416 65 03 20
You can download a more extended version of my CV here